Thursday, October 18, 2018

Quick Update

This morning, I had physical therapy for my shoulder and neck. The PT thinks that there's nothing structurally wrong with either, but that the muscles are in need of some work. I felt better after a series of stretches and simple exercises, so I'm sure he's right. (He's a good PT but he has really, really bad breath, so that was not great.) Anyway, the place is a 25 minute drive away, just beyond the hospital where I did my third term rotation, so at least the drive is familiar. And I know where the Sonic is, so I stopped and picked up fizzy drinks on the way home.

When I got home, I did some sewing. I'm working on a quilt-as-you-go project and I'm about a third of the way done. (I'm only sewing for short periods of time to avoid stressing my shoulder and neck.)

Last week I got in a handful of fabrics I ordered online from ilovefabric. That place is awesome. I got some fabric with otters and some with frogs. I also went out to JoAnn's and used a coupon to buy some new stuff, a lot of red and a couple of deeply discounted Halloween fabric (spiders and bats). I also picked up some supplies to do some iron-on applique. (I may have been reading too many quilting blogs this week.)

Yesterday I pulled out my scrap bag and sewed up some wonky log cabin and string pieced blocks. I like to warm up by sewing together some scrappy things before I cut into new fabric.

It's been a week since I posted anything and in that week, Dave and I had lunch with my brother and mother. I made vegetarian posole. (It's been so cold here that anything hot and soupy is welcome.) We pup-sat for Kelly and Kevin (and also used their washing machine to catch up on some laundry. We had just done a bunch using our little machine, so it wasn't too much.) I finished one book and started another. I watched a few movies on Netflix (The Breakfast Club and Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World). Grace and I ran over to the clay supply store and I picked up two new glazes, one purple and one chartreuse. I picked up some contact lenses from my optometrist because I'm going to try wearing contacts again. I skipped therapy.

Last night I sat down and made out new sticker charts for me and Dave. We have a few goals to work on: exercise (as always), more cooking and eating at home, more sewing and studying for me, more practice time and better sleep habits for Dave. We started today and, if we get all our stickers, we get some rewards next week. I'm ordering more fabric, of course.

No comments: