Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas and Leading up to Christmas

Saturday Dave and I went to a party at my aunt's house. We only stayed for a couple of hours (I hadn't been sleeping well and was toast by the time the party started), but we met some interesting people and had some good food. We also got to see my cousin and his new girlfriend and their new baby (newish baby, 10 months old).

Sunday...what did we do Sunday? I wasn't feeling well, I know that. Dave got to run around, though. He went out to his mother's in the morning to take gifts to her and his sister and then to see his sister off since she was returning home. Then in the afternoon, he and my brother ran some errands. We had asked Chris to look at our kiln, to test the relays which need replacing, so we met her up at the studio to have a look.

Monday I had a mixed day. Grace and I had some studio time, but I wasn't feeling at all well. Turns out that I was having a bad reaction to a medication that I had started on Saturday and there was no doctor open, so I made an appointment at urgent care for Tuesday (yes, Christmas morning). We were supposed to have gone to my mother's for dinner, but we had to put it off for a day since neither Dave nor I were doing well.

Tuesday morning Dave drove me to urgent care and I spoke the the doctor about my problem. Sigh. We were there for about ninety minutes. Then we went with Grace to see Aquaman. On the way to the movie, I texted a couple of friends from school to wish them both a Merry Christmas. We saw the movie and then Grace drove me home so that Dave could go on to his mother's house.

We're due at my mother's this afternoon for our delayed Christmas dinner.

No comments: