Sunday, December 30, 2018

Quick Update

It's been a few days since my last update. Some big things have happened, aside from Christmas.

Dave and I returned our car to Volkwagon. (We had one of the Golf TDIs that was caught up in the whole big class action mess, so we returned it and got a refund that basically meant that we drove it for free for two years and then got back what we paid for it.) The whole process took a lot of paperwork, but going to hand back the keys and sign the paperwork took less than an hour. Now we're waiting for a bank transfer of funds and then we'll be all done with it. We're looking to buy Kelly and Kevin's old car, a 2009 Outback Forrester. It's in good shape and we know that they've taken care of it, so I think it will be a good car for us.

The extremely cold weather has been keeping me indoors a lot, though Dave and I did get out and have lunch with Grace and Chris yesterday after returning the car. We went and had pizza and I ate way too much and then came home and, over the course of 12 hours, polished off our leftovers. Too much fat and salt in my diet recently, although I have given up sugar believe it or not. (I'm hoping it will help with some recent health problems, and it has with some and I actually feel much better.)

I've been journaling a lot recently, mostly about the recent struggles I've been having with proximal health issues, which sucks, but things seem to be getting a tiny little better, which is good. I'll take anything I can get. I have a line on a good nurse practitioner who I'm hoping can help, but her practice is closed until January 3, so I called and emailed so that hopefully I can get an appointment soon after she returns.

I can't believe the new year is just about to happen. I feel like this past year (these past two years) have been just ever increasing amounts of unrelenting ugliness. I can't even look at the news and getting on Twitter just stresses me out.

So that's it so far. Just trying to keep my chin up these days.

No comments: