Thursday, April 25, 2019

Fit Bits, No Pics

Wednesday:

My new toy: A Fit Bit Charge 3. I've had it two days, and so far it's told me that I don't get nearly enough sleep (5 hours one night, 6 1/2 another), I need to exercise more (though I've met my nascent goals of 250 steps per hour for 7 hours each day and 4K steps per day total), and that I'm taking in enough water (100 oz of just water per day, not including decaf coffee or Crystal Light or diet caffeine-free Pepsi). It reminds me every day to do 2-5 minutes of breathing exercises and it rewards my successes with little fireworks displays on its tiny screen. I like it.

My morning: PT, kind of. Stretching. TENS. Traction. Moist heat. Fifty minutes.

My afternoon: Sewing. Lots of sewing between bouts of getting my hourly steps in. While I finish up my old quilt (the houses and trees one), I started a new one, a "sticks" one. The blocks are made with ten-inch pre-cuts in various shades of purple. (They were on sale, of course. Otherwise I would never have bought them.) The "sticks" are set in strips of green, yellow, purple, fuchsia, and red (all patterned and not). I've got sixteen blocks so far (out of 42).

Thursday:

My morning: Sewing. More blocks for the stick quilt. (I'd post pictures, but Flickr is being a jerk.)

My afternoon: I had an MRI this afternoon of my cervical spine. It was awful and now it's done and I have to make an appointment with the doctor to look at my results. So I called and left a message and I'll call again tomorrow and leave another message.

My friend: I texted with my school friend Hannah. A student we knew who was a couple of terms behind us recently committed suicide and she was filling me in on the details. Turns out the student could never have gotten a license, which Hannah thinks is related.

We had dinner at Pizza Amore, a huge feast (for Dave anyway since I can't disappoint my FitBit, which also tracks my diet).

No comments: