Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tiny

It's spring: Allergies. Sewing. Therapy, including physical therapy.

Kelly's family was recently cleaning out her mother's things and she sent along a bag of fabric and embroidery thread, etc. from her mom's collection. (Fabric/fiber-obsessed folks are natural hoarders!) I used this swirly hand-dyed fabric from that stash to sew up this tiny house.
20190414_094622.jpg

When I make the houses, I'm left with this bit of fabric from sewing 2 1/2 inch squares of blue fabric to the roof to make it peaked. Because I can't throw anything away, I've been making these tiny pinwheels from the scraps left after I trim away the extra fabric .
20190415_160832.jpg

Speaking of tiny: My old CHI iron is amazing, but it is heavy and repeatedly lifting it irritates my neck and shoulders. So I went ahead and bought this new toy, a tiny travel iron from Dritz.
20190415_160838.jpg
It's great! It heats up quickly and irons well and is so light that doesn't irritate my shoulder. It doesn't have an auto shut-off unfortunately, but I'm so paranoid that I've trained myself to unplug my iron as soon as I'm finished with it!

Moving on from houses to trees.
20190416_200324.jpg

No comments: