Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Of Course

When did I even write this? Monday?

It's been awhile since an update. It was an eventful weekend. Fourth of July. A visit to the doctor. Dave's birthday. . .

This is going to be a busy week, too. I see an audiologist tomorrow. Then Wednesday I have a pre-employment physical and meet with HR to fill out paperwork.

Wednesday

and no sleep. My Fit Bit says I've gotten about fifteen hours of sleep in the last three days. It's not enough.

Despite three hours of sleep, I had to get up and go get this shit done. I had to go down to the hospital lab and pee in a cup for a drug test. Then I went up to occupational health for a physical. Then I went back down to the lab for a TB test. I stopped in the cafeteria on the way down to buy a diet Coke because I was about ready to collapse and I needed some caffeine. I was so out of it that I nearly passed out when they drew blood for the TB test. While I was at the lab, I got a call from occupational health. They had forgotten to give me some of the paperwork that I need to bring to orientation, so I had to go back up there. Then I had to leave the hospital and go to HR and fill out their paperwork and get fingerprinted.

Dave drove me around, poor guy, because the appointment with the audiologist on Tuesday worsened my vertigo (which has not completely gone away since it hit about three months ago) and with vertigo and no sleep, I did not feel safe driving. We got home a bit before noon and I had to get on the phone and schedule an appointment. (My guts are still not right from the antibiotic, and I need to get it checked out.)

Then I was able to lie down for a bit. Only, the caffeine from the diet Coke was propping me up and I could not sleep for anything. Finally, I managed to get a bit of a nap. I got up and realized that, of course, I had started my period.

And now it's late and I'm tired. And I can't sleep.

No comments: