Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Tuesdays Past

Last Tuesday:

I had therapy tonight, via FaceTime, which I like doing when I don't feel like getting up and getting dressed. (I had a required four-hour class for work this morning, a ridiculous class about patient spirituality. I'm not saying that patient spirituality is ridiculous, I'm saying that the class is ridiculous. It was a waste of time, and by the end, I was just ready to be done.) Anyway, I came home, had lunch, and got into bed to sleep awhile. (I'm at that point where I'm trying to flip my days into nights so that I can make it through the two graveyard shifts I'm working this week.)  When I got up, I had another snack, talked a bit with Dave, and got on the phone with my therapist. (Dave went out to visit with Paul at the assisted living facility.)

I had been thinking about postponing it until later in the week--I spoke with her just this past Friday--but I really needed to talk to her. I'm having a hard time right now dealing with everything from my brother being sick to the stress of work. It's always a hard time of year for me, too, late September and October. I don't know what's happened in the past that makes it so, but it is just a rough time for me and I sometimes feel like I'm just barely hanging on.

My therapist mentioned a book to me during our conversation, It Didn't Start with You by Mark Wolynn, about inherited family trauma. I looked it up and started to read some of it online and it seemed so sensible.

This morning:

I'm up early because I am on the way to see a neurologist this morning. Sigh. Let's see how this goes.

Dave and I had dinner last night with my mother and brother. We went for pizza. (I had a sandwich.) 

No comments: