Thursday, November 14, 2019

Exhausted, Etc.

Wow. Okay. It's been awhile since I posted.

I have been dog tired for a couple of weeks now. Everyone I talk to has been feeling the same way. Ugh. What is going on?

This past weekend, on Sunday, Dave and I got together with my mother and brother for dinner. We went for Middle Eastern food. That was pretty much the extent of our socializing for the week.

The next day, I had to go to a work-related class from 8:30 to 4:30 (we got out an hour early). I was so exhausted because I was still on my night/graveyard sleep schedule and The Brain woke me up at 2:00 a.m. and then wouldn't let me get back to sleep before class. I went to the class exhausted and came home exhausted.

That evening, I got a text from work asking if I could come in the next day. I agreed, but I'm still not sure why. I had a residency seminar the next morning from 8:00 a.m. until noon, so I said I'd come in after and work the rest of the shift, until 7:30 p.m. I did. I'm unused to working days, and as soon as I woke up in the morning, after five hours of sleep, I regretted having agreed to come in.

But I did it. It kind of pissed me off because I came in and the supervisor was also there (she had worked the morning part of the shift) and after I arrived, she sat in the office and made vacation travel plans and looked up spas and pricing for spas at the place she was traveling to. So that was...not making me happy. But whatever.

The kids I was working with were fine. Teenagers, but fine.

I came home and had dinner with Dave and went to bed and slept for a few hours. The Brain again, still on the graveyard/night schedule woke me up before 1:00 a.m. and then I couldn't get back to sleep until almost 6:00 a.m. I slept until. . .3:40 or so in the afternoon. That was the longest block of sleep I've had in a long time. A very, very long time. And I still woke exhausted.

We went out for dinner (we have been doing that far too much; I'm puffy from sodium) and then we stopped at Whole Foods to do some grocery shopping. We planned out a handful of dinners to make at home so that we don't eat out quite so often (things like green chile stew and nachos, easy to make and fast).

We came home, put everything away, and I napped a bit from 9:00 until 11:00. Then I got up because it's the time of week when I have to flip my week from days to nights. I'll stay up all night (it's 1:45 or so now) and then sleep tomorrow so I can go to work tomorrow night.

I have yet to play with my new computer, a smaller MacBook Pro. (I'm still using my old one, even now.) I did do some sewing (just scrap sewing to create what Freddy Moran calls "strata") and I read a bit (the new Lynda Barry and Roz Chast's Can't We Talk about Something More Pleasant?). I spent a lot of time on my phone, too, dazedly looking at quilting blogs. And I got some new fabric in the mail today. Nice, right? Pictures next time, maybe.

No comments: