Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Ugh

It's my midweek, my second workday in a run of three work days. I'm not feeling great and it's hard to tell why because there are a million reasons, including the storm moving through. Storms give me headaches, which sucks. But I don't take anything for them. I am just resigned to suffering through them.

I slept as much as I could before coming in to work, but it wasn't enough. I tried to not resort to using anything to help me sleep, but in the end, I had a bit of melatonin. Once I was at work, I tried to not resort to using anything to help me stay awake, but in the end, I had a bit of caffeine (5 oz of diet Pepsi and a small cup of decaf coffee). I'm awake enough now and hope to coast to the end of my shift (another two and a half hours).

I arrived to work to find that we are now wearing procedure masks and eye protection (plastic eye shields). The masks we wear all the time we are around anyone, the eye shields only when in patient contact areas. I'm lucky that I can sit in the office and take off everything.

In two hours and twenty minutes, I'll be on my way home. Because of the caffeine, I suspect I'll need some assistance sleeping today. I'll have a calcium-magnesium drink, which is supposed to be calming or relaxing. Then I'll probably chase that with a bit of melatonin. I've also been wearing a pair of sunglasses on the way home, to keep the sun out of my eyes, which ends up just making me feel wide awake by the time I get home from work. Some of it works.

I have very little to report other than these things, these trifling little things.

In an effort to decrease my stress level, I've been trying to stay away from the news. I don't even really get on twitter much these days. I just can't take it. It ends up stressing me out and depressing me.

And that's how it's been.

No comments: