Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Catch Up

 It's been awhile since I've written. Not much has been going on. I had a birthday on the 4th. Dave gave me some wonderful presents (a new watch, 45 yards of fabric, new art pens) and we had a good dinner (steak for me, quorn for him, mashed potatoes, a salad, and a shared slice of tres leches cake). But we did not go anywhere and the day passed very quietly.

Next year--or maybe the year after--we will travel again.

I'm at work right now. I slept the day away in preparation for being here. I took melatonin. Recently, I've been having some very strange dreams. In one I was homeless and sleeping outside an IHOP. In one I was walking in New York City, texting my mother to meet me for lunch, and woke myself up before I could get mugged on the street. There were others, but those two stand out.

My allergies are going crazy right now and I'm tired and my lungs hurt, too. I feel surrounded by sadness right now, the whole world.  My therapist says that she's getting calls from patients she hasn't seen in years. She knows that we're all sinking.

Work is a bummer right now. I had the night off last night, unexpectedly, as the number of patients fell and they did not need me. Tonight I came in and had a small number of patients. It's fine with me. It makes for a calm, quiet night.

A couple of my colleagues have gone camping recently or have gone on day trips around the state. They're tired of staying in, just as I am. I would take a road trip, but Dave has a pinched nerve in his back and driving for more than a short while is painful. I have nerve damage in my neck and sitting in the car for hours is not pleasant for me either. So much for a road trip.

I'm tired and whiny.

I want to go home and go to bed but there are two and a half hours left of my shift. And that's if my relief shows up.

No comments: