Sunday, March 28, 2021

Book Keeping

Here's my disjointed retelling:

The moon looks full this morning, but in fact it's waxing gibbous with 98% illumination, giving the illusion of a full moon. It's actually not a full moon until tomorrow.  

I slept most of the night, about six hours, with help from melatonin. I've had about fourteen hours of sleep in three days, which is around 75% of the sleep I need. It's spring and the moon pulls at me. My art journal is filled with daffodils and ghosts and butterflies. 

Dave and I had a bit of a busy day yesterday. We went out to pick up groceries and prescriptions for my brother (and groceries for ourselves). 

After our errands, we went walking with Judi and Buzz, our first walk with them in over a year since Covid started. Judi is having a hard time with arthritis, so we did a very abbreviated walk of about a mile (she had to stop and take two ten minute breaks). Luckily her neighborhood is a rich people neighborhood with three parks and accompanying benches all within a few minutes walk of her house. Buzz has a dog walker who comes every day, but he was still excited to see his friend Dave and to get out for an extra walk. We'll go again today for another abbreviated walk. 

I don't mean to talk like I am in great shape and Judi is not. I also appreciated the breaks on our walk. I can blame my shortness of breath on being double masked, but I also am terribly out of shape after several months of being at home. I used to walk at work (we had a track and I could walk that, as well as having to go to various buildings for various purposes throughout the night), but even that slight bit of walking was far more than I do now. 

I did a page done in my art journal (butterflies and grief), but I did not get any sewing done.  I (re?)watched the very forgettable movie Heartburn with Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson. Then I rewatched a comedy special (Nate Bargatze's The Tennessee Kid) which I've been sleeping too for a couple of weeks now. I didn't get to sleep until just after 11:00 p.m., and that was with help from melatonin. I was up briefly a little after 1:00 a.m. I took more melatonin and slept until just before 5:00 a.m.

Dave stayed up and baked two loaves of wheat bread.

We had leftover green chile stew for lunch and dinner, along with some quesadillas made with corn tortillas. The night before we had a big blowout takeout dim sum dinner (we haven't had dim sum in over a year either) with a bit of sushi thrown in for good measure. It was salty and delicious and very expensive. Fine for a once-a-year treat.

I'm having breakfast now, my usual berries and soy yogurt with flax meal and sunflower seeds. Half-caf coffee and lots of water. 

Gray Kitty is scratching at the door to come in.

No comments: