Sunday, April 25, 2021

Oops. Forgot to Hit Publish Yesterday...

 A couple of days I talked about going out for amazing donuts at a local donut place. I got two and still have one and a quarter of them in the freezer. Sadly, I will probably toss them out because delicious as they are, eating that mix of fried carbs and sugar makes me feel terrible. (Spoiler: I did eat a bit more of the chocolate old-fashioned then I tossed out all the rest, 3/4 of the double chocolate cake and the last bit of the old-fashioned. Boo-hoo.)

Friday's outing was to the lab for bloodwork. I have an upcoming yearly physical and the doctor wanted bloodwork. On top of the stress of going into crowded places like the lab, I hate getting my blood drawn. So that was a fun morning outing. 

It's Saturday now and I got my lab results back. Everything is normal except for my LDL, which is very, very slightly elevated (a kind of "high normal") and my A1C, which has slipped back up. I have been eating well (except for my one donut detour) but apparently not getting enough exercise. Stress probably doesn't help things either, as chronic stress can elevate blood sugar and ultimately impact A1C. 

Sigh. I'm not sure how to avoid stress in the midst of a pandemic.  

We just got back in from a drive. We went to check out a greenhouse in another part of the city, but it was a bit too crowded for my tastes. We'll go back during the week. Kelly went during the week and came back with tomatoes, habaneros and something else, I forget what, all to share with us. When we go back, we'll pick up some shishito peppers for her in return. Dave also wants to get some jalapenos for the garden and I mostly want things for the hummingbirds and bees. (We had our first hummingbird visit the feeder this week!) 

Instead of plants, we went through the Sonic drive through and I got a carbonated water  with peach flavor added (I'm addicted to those things) and we shared a medium order of fried mozzarella sticks. Yes, I know I was just saying that my diet is pretty good--but at least it wasn't the order I would get on my way home from classes the last time I was in school, the stress-eating special of fried cheese sticks, fried chicken tenders, and my usual carbonated water with peach. I didn't do that too often, maybe four times over the five semesters of classes, but it was very definitely in the not healthy eating category.

I hated school, at least this last time.


No comments: