Sunday, June 13, 2021

Needs v. Wants


 This little guy was hanging out on the fence yesterday morning. He hung around long enough to let me snap a photo of him. Cute little guy, isn't he? Though he'd better watch out; Gray Kitty has a taste for lizards and more than once we've caught him snacking on them. 

I woke up early this morning as did Dave. One of Dave's friends was bringing his kid over around 8:00 a.m. to pick up some worms from us to seed their worm composter.  I stayed in bed.

We had planned to go to the botanical garden after that, but it was already getting too hot and sunny by 10:00 so instead we ran around doing some errands (mostly buying pastry).  After a short, scenic drive, we dropped off some stuff at Grace and Chris's house and then came home and ate pastry. Then Dave started in on making bread dough and I started prepping a new art journal.

This is the kind of person I am: A few days ago, I hesitated to complete the online purchase of some new bras (which I am in desperate need of), but this morning I got online to buy a handful of new art journals as I just finished my second to last one this morning. (I go through a journal every three months or so.) I ordered five of the same size journals from different companies and threw in some sakura jelly roll pens and two brush pens that were on sale. Still haven't bought those bras though.

If I ever won the lottery, one of the first things I would do would be to buy art and craft supplies. I have tons already, all in various states of use, but there is always more to want, isn't there? I want a pair of Kai scissors, for example, and a pair of those embroidery scissors that look like little storks. I want some Bohin embroidery needles. I want some Sharpie fabric markers. I want a set of Tombow brush markers, a complete set. And I want a complete set of Posca pens. I want a large ironing board and a quilting table for my sewing machine (which would have to be custom made and would cost more than than the sewing machine itself.) I want a few bolts of linen and linen-cotton blends to make some summer clothes with.

I don't need any of these things, but I want them. Ridiculous. 

We're basically at capacity in the casita, so I really can't have anything else without using up what I already have or getting rid of some of it. I've even put a moratorium on fabric buying, mostly because I haven't been sewing, I've been embroidering and that takes up more time than supplies.

No comments: