Monday, November 6, 2023

Big Change

 This is my depressed duck lamp. I like him.

He came with an identical twin and I gave his twin away to Grace for her birthday. Everyone needs a depressed duck lamp. Look at that. He just needs some time to lie there and contemplate life.

Speaking of contemplating life, this was our Day of the Dead altar this year. 

It's a mix of my and Dave's relatives, a few of my calavera sculptures, some fruit and flowers, and a mantle cover my grandmother embroidered many years ago. She died November 8, 2005, so eighteen years ago. Time flies. I still sometimes miss her and miss what I missed of her life and memories. I should have paid more attention, I think. 

This was a photo that Kelly sent of some of my little calaveras in an arrangement with other pieces. They like hanging out together. I think one alone would get lonely, don't you?


Speaking of getting lonely, we had lunch yesterday with our friend Judi. I think she's been lonely since her husband died. She's got her beloved dog, but that's not really enough. We don't spend as much time with her since we moved 45-50 minutes away. So she's decided to pack up and move to Florida soon to be closer to her stepdaughters. That will be a big change for her and for us, soo.

No comments: