Friday, November 10, 2023

Milestone

Rain all day. 

Last night, I sewed two pillowcases and put a pumpkin patch on the seat of Dave's llama pajamas. 

I finished my first quilting journal (a paper journal that Kelly brought back for me from Italy) and started a second quilting journal (a Moleskine sketchbook).
I made them similar red covers because red is easy to spot on my messy sewing table. 
The inside page of my first quilting journal is advice from Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilting Company: Finished is better than perfect. 
It took six years to make it through that first journal. I made perhaps 25 bed sized quilts (and many, many other sewn things) in that time. Not all of them are documented in here, just the ones that  needed the details worked out on paper. Anything that came straight from my head I didn't put down on paper.  (I've never bought a quilt pattern.  I just make things up as I go along or I see a quilt and reverse engineer the parts of it that I like. It's all about making my brain happy.)
This quote from Georgia O'Keefe is inside both journals.  It's a bit grand, but important for artists to remember. 
I've been using my mother's old Kenmore these days.  (Kenmore doesn't exist anymore.)
My man Barack keeps an eye out for me from my thread catcher, one of the quilted things I made that isn't in the quilt journal. 

We had homemade vegetable soup for dinner with vegetarian sausages, sautéed onions and red cabbage on the side.  Eaten while watching this week's episode of Taskmaster on YouTube. 

It's cold tonight, 30F (-1C). I'll need more quilts on my bed. 

No comments: