Thursday, December 14, 2023

Tempus Fugit

 Two weeks since I last posted. Where does time go?

What's been going on?

We dog sat Judi's dog Buzz out here while Judi went down to Florida to close on her new house.  Buzz bit Dave last time he was here and then he bit Dave again this time. After that, we confined him to a small area of the front room and to the balcony. Dave still took him out for walks and I slept on the couch near him so he wouldn't howl all night. It was only four nights, but that was long enough to screw up my neck. Anyway, it's the last time we'll be taking care of Buzz, I think. 

I've been in a bit of a funk. Last year, I couldn't wait to get our Christmas tree up and to do a little decorating. This year, the tree is still in the box near the back door where Dave set it when he brought it in from the garage. I did put up the mini tabletop tree in the dining room and I put the lights on it. I also put some small lights on the mantel. What else? I ordered some old school lights (glass bulbs, filaments) to put up but we've only gotten as far as testing one of the four sets we ordered. (They were hella expensive but nostalgia is expensive.) And I started making Christmas cards. (We've received two so far, one from Dave's sister and one from my cousin Lydia and her wife.)

I've been watching stuff online of course. I've been watching a bunch of housecleaning videos on youtube. On Netflix, I watched Nyad. It's really good. I cried about six times watching it. More recently I've been watching Six Feet Under. I like it a lot.

What else? Not sleeping. Cooking. Laundry. The usual. Always the usual.

No comments: