Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas

 Christmas has come and gone.

We managed to get our Christmas tree set up and decorated, to decorate the mantle, to hang some lights outside, to make and send Christmas cards to a handful of people, to order gifts to be sent to a few people, to make cookies (vegan biscochitos and sugar cookies), and to put out and light luminarias on Christmas Eve and Christmas, too.




Christmas Eve day, Dave and I had lunch with my mother, brother, and aunt at my mom's house. My mother made Cornish game hens, salad, roasted veggies, rolls, and mashed potatoes. My aunt brought her amazing red chile. My brother brought pies, so many pies. We brought mac and cheese and flowers for my aunt and mom. 

Christmas day was a pajama day for me. Dave went to visit his mother and took Christmas dinner and some treats (stollen, candy) for her. I made vegetarian posole for our dinner. It was a nice, quiet day. Perfect.



One thing we did not manage to do in the mad rush up to Christmas was buy gifts for each other, so on Christmas Eve, we had a "Treat Yo' Self" moment, ordering gifts--many, many gifts--online for ourselves. Dave ordered slippers, shoes, socks, books, and I forget what else. I ordered art supplies, cookie scoopers, a cell phone battery charger, facial serum, and I forget what else. Boxes have been arriving since the day after Christmas. So many boxes.

And so much sugar. We have eaten so much candy, cookies, brownies, pies...

We're going to be a sugarless household come January first.

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. Just think: Only one more year before we get to do it all again.

No comments: