Thursday, October 10, 2024

Balloonies

The balloons have been heading our way recently. We've taken several pictures out our back door or Dave's office window. Yesterday they got so close and so low that, standing at the front door, I could hear the pilot and passengers talking and the sound of the burner as they tried to gain altitude.
The view of a pink elephant balloon from Dave's office window.
From out the back door, overlooking our horse corral and barn.


In non-balloon news: My friend Grace is on the lookout for a Singer treadle machine like the one my great-grandmother had (that was handed down to my grandmother and then lost to the elements after being stored). This was Grace's latest find:

But it had gone to another buyer by the time I asked her to message them on Facebook marketplace. I told her to offer them an extra $50 to claw it back from the other buyer, but that was just a joke. Since this one was awaiting pickup, Grace told them that if the deal fell through, I would take it.   The right one is coming, I know.

Kelly sent this photo, too, of their RV camping spot in Colorado. You have to zoom in very far to see their RV in the photo, but look at that sky and those hills! Almost makes me want to go outside.


 I finished another quilt top in the last three days, a queen-sized quilt top made of solid fabrics cut into five-inch and ten-inch tumbler blocks. I've never made a tumbler quilt, but I saw one on Missouri Star Quilt Company's video tutorials and decided to make one. It came together shockingly quickly. I also received another box of fabric from them, seven and a half yards or so, mostly dark blues as I'm looking for the perfect blue to make another leaf block quilt. The best one so far has been Moda Bella solid in Lapis (a kind of ultramarine blue).

No comments: