Monday, October 5, 2015

Sunday

It's very early Monday morning, just after 2:30 a.m. My sleep schedule is all screwed up again, which sucks. But no matter.

I just finished watching the last episode of Sex and the City, the one where Carrie goes to Paris with the Mikhail Baryshnikov character and then gets rescued by Big. I really like all the supporting stories, less so the main Carrie storyline. Hard to believe that show ended over a decade ago. It's mostly aging well, unlike a lot of TV shows. I never saw it when it aired the first time, and had only seen episodes while housesitting for people who have cable, so it was neat to watch it from start to finish.

So that's been my middle of the night so far.

Saturday night was the same. I couldn't sleep until it started to get to be light out, so when it came time to get up and go to the studio to sit while the kiln fired, I was out. Dave went off on his own and I joined him later, after I had gotten a few hours of sleep. I showed up around noon, with Starbucks lattes for everyone, and sat down to play with some clay. I've been making some little dishes out of scraps of over-hydrated, sloppy clay that is left over from the last sculptures. I don't like to waste clay at all, so I'm just using this stuff to play and use the stamps that I made a few years ago (also using up the last of a bag of Frost cone 6 porcelain clay). Anyway, we did that until the kiln reached temp, about three hours after I got there.

We came home after. Neither of us have been up to cooking recently--a bad habit to fall into--so we went out for giant fizzy drinks at Sonic and then decided that we'd just order a pizza and wings for dinner. I ordered online from the panaderia nearby and Dave went to pick it up. He also brought home a chocolate cupcake and a double chocolate chip cookie for us to split. Sadly, both were disappointing. But I ate them anyway.

I've got a semi busy day ahead of me. I have some reading and homework to do, an online quiz to take, therapy in the afternoon, then a training session at the gym.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I'm with you, I didn't like the whole Carrie storyline on SATC, but I liked the other characters. I don't like Carrie in all honesty! I didn't watch them when they were on first, I caught them on cable in Japan. It was a series that had some great points, but also had a lot of things that I didn't like at all.

And why did they make Baryshnikov so horrible?

Rosa said...

I liked Carrie in the beginning, but after she cheated on Aidan I was just totally turned off. Then she began to annoy me. Kudos to Sarah Jessica Parker for making her a complex character though. I think it must be hard, as an actress, to play an unlikable person.

Yes! Mikhail was my darling in the 80s, so I was just glad to see him onscreen. But his character here was such a diva!