Thursday, November 15, 2018

Bullet the Blue Sky

Remember when Dan Quayle misspelled "potato" and everyone called him a moron? Those were days of wine and roses compared to the Orange Nightmare in the white house. Here's a quote from that mental giant:
"This is a problem in California that’s so bad of illegals voting. This is a California problem and if you notice, almost every race — I was watching today — out of like 11 races that are in question they’re gonna win all of them. [. . .]

The disgrace is that, voter ID. If you buy, you know, a box of cereal, if you do anything, you have a voter ID."
What kind of word salad has this idiot been eating? I mean, I want to have sympathy because clearly dementia is eating his brain, but I don't. He's fucked up so much so quickly and with the absolute support of republican and other enablers that I don't feel one fucking iota of sympathy for him. (Every time I see his stupid, ugly, smug, entitled orange face or hear his dumb, self-satisfied, conceited, entitled, overgrown white boy voice, I hope he dies--rage strokes out while sitting on the toilet with his cell phone in hand, tweeting out his incoherent bullshit--and I hope it's soon. And if it can't be soon, I hope it's lingering and painful. I hope he's suffering now, as a matter of fact.) And yet, republicans will still vote for him in 2020 because there's an (R) next to his name.

God, I hate stupid people.

What else has been going on?

Both Kelly and Gray Kitty are out of the hospital (different hospitals) and both are doing well.

I've been studying for my boards and will take them soon.

My favorite BBQ restaurant is shutting down. Grace sent a screenshot of their facebook announcement (I'm not on facebook) and it's sad. They're one of the best independent BBQ places in town but they've just not been able to make a go of it. Too bad!

Dave and I fired a kiln last weekend. It was a cone 6 glaze kiln--our first in months--and Dave got some decent things out of it. Our next kiln will be a bisque kiln so I can get some of my stuff fired. We'll see when that happens.

While we were baby-sitting the kiln, I started a new sculpture. I haven't done that in a long time.

Therapy is kicking my ass.  I mean, like, kicking my ass. I've got a backlog of things I've been dealing with, some of it extending back to my earliest childhood. I have a good therapist at the moment, so I'm trying to hang in there with it, though I often want to quit.

Daylight savings happened and now it gets dark at 5:00 p.m. Dave and I were out for dinner a few nights ago at 6:00 or so and it felt like midnight. Tonight we're going to dinner with Judi and Paul at 5:30 (I should be in the shower right now) and I already feel like we're going out so late. I told Dave that we have to start doing things after it gets dark and he kinda-sorta agreed, but he has so far ignored my suggestion of joining a gym.

Speaking of gyms, I'm done for the moment with physical therapy for my shoulder and neck. It has helped so long as I keep up with the stretches and exercises.

I haven't sewn anything in a long while. I want to get going on some projects. I don't think I'll do any Christmas sewing, but who knows. Christmas is still six weeks off. Maybe I'll make some totes or something to give away. I don't know yet.

No comments: