Friday, November 23, 2018

Quick Update

Kelly and Kevin gave us a couple of blankets recently and it's good that she gave us two, because one or the other pretty much belongs to Gray Kitty. 20181120_083428.jpg

We spent them morning in our pajamas, lolling around. Then we got up and showered and dressed and went out to Thanksgiving lunch with my brother and mother. Then we came home and I got back into my pajamas and went back to bed. Dave putzed around for a few hours before doing the same.

That was Thanksgiving.

I went on Tuesday with Grace to unload the kiln. I think I had four pieces in, one of them the big one (the taller one, in back) that I'm sick of. I just need to finish her off.
17084.jpeg
Or maybe I just need to call her done.

I started a new piece a couple of weeks ago, actually.
20181118_122716.jpg
This is just the bottom part, a skirt. I carved stripes in and added the bottom ruffle and skulls and then got stuck. This past Monday, I went back to the studio to babysit the firing and work on this piece a bit more.
20181121_162313.jpg
(The lighting makes the clay look browner but it's actually more red, as in the picture above.) I added flowers all the way around, which took a few hours.

No comments: