Monday, May 20, 2019

Yesterday and the Last Day

Yesterday:

At La Guardia now,  homeward bound.

My shoulders and neck are killing me.  I must have slept on them so they were crunched.  Sigh.

It's cloudy today and rained a bit on the taxi ride to the airport. It rained on us the day we got here and on the day we are leaving.  What does that mean on my dream?

Yesterday was a great day.  In the morning we went to the Natural History Museum because it was the last weekend to see a display of butterflies, 500 or so of them, fluttering around in a little enclosure.


This was an amazing experience.

I'm going to miss them when they're gone.  And make no mistake, they are going.

We came back to the hotel via Chopt (a chopped salad place) for lunch and an arts and craft fair in Bryant Park (the famous Bryant Park where NY Fashion week is centered and where many of the Project Runway final shows are held). While there, I picked up a print from a cartoonist/artist. It's a pickle, freaking out over an onigiri recipe. (Turns out all of 9th Ave. was shut down for arts and crafts fair purposing, but we didn't know that, or I would have done more shopping there, as many of the artists and crafts people were local to NYC or NY state.) We also stopped by Muji (I was looking for a laundry hanger, which they did not have), which sits opposite the big public library in Manhattan, the one with the lions--Patience and Fortitude--in front. I love the facade of that library. What a gorgeous thing to have sitting in the middle of the city.

I was so exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel, that I didn't go out again. Dave did, however. Right across the street from our hotel was a shop that specializes in woodwind and brass instruments and Dave went there to buy reeds for his clarinet. Then he went into Times Square for ice cream from a little pop-up from the ice cream shop called Ice & Vice. Later, he went out to pick up dinner from around the corner, BBQ from Virgil's Real BBQ.

That, and packing made up the last day of our NYC trip.

No comments: