Saturday, August 17, 2019

Saturday

I had to work Friday. My FitBit loves workdays. I doubled my daily step count goal. The hospital where I work is actually seven separate buildings on a small campus and I regularly walk to and from at least four or five of the buildings (the admission building, the school, the cafeteria, and the cottage where the kids live). So it's nice to get the extra steps and nice to have a minute or two outside as I walk from building to building. Since I've been there, I've seen some kind of wildlife everyday. Yesterday it was squirrels and cicadas. But there are also lots of spiders and roadrunners and rabbits. (And mosquitoes. Ugh!)

I came home dead tired and got eight hours of sleep, which was nice. I got up and lazed around all morning, did a bit of sewing, and then went to lunch with Dave, my mother, and brother. We tried a new place, chicken and waffles. The food took forever, but the service was genial and the food was really good when it finally came. I had chicken, fries and slaw and I ordered a side of red beans and rice which was delicious (I had to bring it home though because I was way too full to finish it). Dave had grits and eggs, mac and cheese, slaw, and fried pickles. My mom had catfish and fried okra an mushrooms. My brother had fried chicken and waffles. We were all stuffed when we left.

My mom and I stopped at Sonic for drinks on the way home.

Right now, I want a nap, but instead I'm soaking the hummingbird feeders in a vinegar solution to clean them. They smelled fermented, poor hummers. I hope I didn't poison any of them! I'll fill them up with some fresh sugar water, too.

I'm so tired, still, I have five days off, but I think I may spend most of it sleeping.

No comments: