Saturday, September 14, 2019

Me? Paranoid?

Not a great couple of days.

I worked, exhausted on Thursday night. I couldn't sleep before my shift. Just lay there, unable to fall asleep. Then I had to work a long, long, long graveyard shift that ended with having to give report to Yogi Bear, he of the "let me talk your ear off about my theories of each of these patients." I was too exhausted to strangle him. I came home and tried to sleep and got a text from work at 9, then had to call them, then got another text at 1 p.m., which, in case you hadn't noticed, if you work graveyards, is the middle of the fucking night. Luckily I had turned off the phone. (Dave said, "Maybe you should wait until one in the morning and then text them back.") I dealt with a lot of frustration yesterday that extended into this morning. Then, to top it off, I woke up in the night feeling sick to my stomach after eating something for dinner that I think might've been bad.  I had that awful body feeling that you get as your body works its way up to vomiting. I sat up in bed. Dave got me a bag and then it passed. Mostly. To make matters worse, at dinner I had an allergic reaction to something that I had to take Benadryl for. Benadryl makes my vertigo worse. Approaching thunderstorms also trigger bad things in my head. Blah. Blah. Blah.

I got up this morning though, vertigo, benadryl-haze and all. I showered and when Dve got home fro his clarinet lesson, we went out again to the eyeglass place where I hate everyone. My new glasses are screwed up, so I had to get them checked in the optical department and then make an appointment to see the doctor I usually see. That's a whole 'nother story. Too much for me at the moment.

We went to lunch after and I bit into something sandy in the spinach of one of my tacos and that was the end of my lunch.

We went by Joann's after to look at some fabric. They're having a big sale and I'm planning a butterfly quilt that one of their sale-priced overlays would have been perfect for--at least the online version would have been perfect for it. In person, it was rough and I couldn't imagine using it in a quilt. So we walked out with nothing.

Then we went by Target. Too crowded for me, so we drove on and stopped at the scrubs store where I picked up two new pairs of compression socks. One pair fits. One pair maybe fits.

I may have put those things out of order. I think it was Target, Joann's, then scrubs. I think. My bendaryl filled head is fuzzy.  I'm drinking lots of water to try to clear everything out of my system, but my allergies are going crazy today. Ragweed pollen is out to get me. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.

Why would I be?

No comments: