Monday, April 19, 2021

Healthy-ish

We've had a run of cold but lovely days recently. I actually spent some time outdoors yesterday cleaning out the car. (It was cloudy, so I didn't worry about sun exposure.) 

My sleep schedule did that thing when it snapped back into place and after weeks of horrible insomnia and an inverted sleep schedule, I'm sleeping through most of the night (only waking up from about 2:30 to 4:30 in the morning). I'd guess that the variability of my schedule is hormone related, but who knows. 

My neck has actually been feeling better in recent days, given the very limited exercises that I was given by the physical therapist to do. 

My anxiety has also been much better recently. I'm still journaling, drawing, and meditating, all of which helps. I need to add in more exercise, as my middle of the night youtube exercise video time is now sleep time. 

Dave spent the weekend doing car stuff, replacing the battery in the little car yesterday and taking the big car to have the air bags replaced (it was a recall) this morning. I did my car stuff too, the previously mentioned car cleaning yesterday and registering the little car online this morning. (We let both registrations lapse and ended up paying lots extra in fees to re-register them.) I had also planned on doing some sewing yesterday, too, but then I made the mistake of installing a game onto my phone. Instead of doing something productive, I lay around and played a game for a few hours. When I was thoroughly disgusted with myself, I uninstalled the game.

Dinner last night was leftover chili. Dave had his over toast and I had mine with chips. There's probably one more bowl of chili left and then I'll make a big pot of green chile stew maybe. It's nice to have something easy to heat up and have for lunches or for dinner when neither of us feels like cooking. 

Tonight however, we're making a tofu and vegetable stir fry. I'm marinating tofu in soy, mirin, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and some gochujang for a bit of heat. We usually include cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, onions and sometimes celery. We also have a bit of broccoli to toss in this time, too. Dave has his over GreeNoodles (moroheiya noodles) and I have mine over shirataki. Then, since all we ate was a bit of vegetables and starch for dinner, we always end up having second dinner or a substantial snack a few hours later. This time, I prepped some berries to have with cottage cheese for my second dinner. Dave will probably have toast. 

Sounds healthy, right?

No comments: