Sunday, August 1, 2021

Everyday Is Like Sunday

 Do you know that song by Morrissey? It's a good song, but warning: It's as depressing as a lot of his other songs.

But it is Sunday after all. Dave is off at his mother's house and I am home. I was napping earlier (after being up all night), but now I am awake and...feeling like going back to napping.

Last night while not sleeping, I did some painting and I watched/listened to a movie on Netflix, Election with Matthew Broderick and ReeseWitherspoon. I had never seen it before and found it to be quite edgy. About two-thirds of it is really good and then it kind of just falls apart toward the last third. 

Poor Gray Kitty is still in his cone collar, but it shouldn't be too much longer. He's almost completely healed, thankfully. He goes back on the 13th of this month for a follow up, but we can take the cone off before then. He hates that thing, but there's no other way to keep him from licking the wound.

What else is going on? Not much, really.

I think I mentioned that I did some sewing last week? Maybe? I don't remember. I sewed a couple of adult bibs, one quite long for David. The whole  adult bib things started off as a joke with my friend Grace, who said that her wife was always complaining about food stains on the front of her shirt. I offered to sew them bibs and did, making matching ones for them as Christmas gifts last year. Dave liked them so much that I made us bibs, too, but not matching. He wears his for every meal only he decided that he wanted a longer one that covered at least part of his lap while he was seated. So I made that last week. This week I started using red embroidery thread to hand tie a small wall-hanging scrap quilt that has a very chaotic feel to it. It reminds me of the fractured rock that lines the Gilman Tunnels in Jemez. (I'll post a picture of it soon.)

That's it. Still trying to limit screen time, so keeping things short but sweet!

No comments: