Monday, July 15, 2024

Hot Flash

What's been going on?

We had a few days of rain and thunderstorms. Not right now, but recently. Recently, it's been hot--around 100F (38C)--and dry. Sometimes the sky gets dark and it seems like it might rain, but then it doesn't.

Independence Day happened. Lots of fireworks all around us but we did not partake.

David had a birthday. We had a nice dinner (homemade mac and cheese) and presents (bread making paraphernalia and a new computer bag) but an otherwise quiet day. We have planned a collective birthday lunch with family for this weekend. We'll have cake and ice cream then.

I met with the dietician online. She suggested upping my protein intake and getting some exercise. So I'm trying to do both.

I also got a phone call from the doctor at the sleep center. She wants me to try a BIPAP instead of a CPAP. So I'm waiting for a call from the medical supply company to set one up. Sigh.

I've been doing some sewing. I finished another couple of quilt tops and sixty-three blocks to make a third. As part of my (upcoming) birthday present, I'm going to send them out to be machine quilted. I also finished a table topper (quilted and self-bound) and am going to make another one without batting this time, just to see.

I've also been journaling, both on paper and in my art journal. 

I've taken decent care of my teeth.

I've spent far too much time watching Netflix, mostly things that play in the background while I sew or do other things. I got on a rom-com jag and watched some absolute garbage. I've watched the Bridgerton series about seven times. I watched Lady Jane on Amazon. Right now I'm watching a British series from the very early 80s, starring Judi Dench. It's not the good one (As Time Goes By), but some jumbled mess called A Fine Romance. I adore Judi Dench, but in this series, she plays a complicated, frumpy thirty-something who dates a complicated, near failure of a thirty-something landscape gardener. It's supposed to be funny.

My sleep schedule is all turned around again. I'm sleeping during the day from 9-3:30 or so. When climate change makes the daytime so hot that we're all burning up, we'll all keep this schedule. FYI. Don't know what we'll do when the night gets hot, too. Burn up, I guess.

No comments: